Thursday, October 21, 2010

Layover in New York

View of Manhatten and New York harbour from the dock

Ted & I rented a car to drive to Haledon for the second visit with Dr. Lembo to finish the root canal on Wednesday. We didn't realize that our GPS was set to "no tolls" so we ended up taking the scenic root from Weehawken to Haledon which was suppose to be 25 minute trip. We stopped at West Marine in NJ on the way back but by that time the freezing was coming out so I was anxious to get back. Soup and applesauce for dinner and I was asleep by 7:30. So much for enjoying NY! A front coming through the area means we stay at Lincoln Harbour Yacht Club until Saturday morning. Plus there is no way I could have stayed awake long enough for me to do my shift at the helm.

Thursday was a day of resting and working around the boat which means Ted worked and Diane rested. I learned that you should not take pain killers in the morning on an empty stomach. wooozzzzzzzzzzeee most of the morning. More soup for lunch and dinner. Tomorrow we hope to spend the day in NYC.

No comments: